Products — for Mac and Windows
Free Reference Guides
For Excel users: A quick reference on lesser-known characteristics of Excel, to help you avoid frustration and wasted time, and to facilitate functionality that you might think is impractical or impossible. Plus a listing of three simple code structures that make Macro recording more powerful.
For Excel developers: Two quick references with hundreds of hard-to-find details about developing with Excel and with VBA in general. These include quirks and workarounds of the Office development environment, most efficiently controlling event streams, and behaviors and requirements for undo/redo.
All of Magnafy’s Excel-based software is built on this knowledge.
Highest quality utilities/tools:
You don’t have to worry about what Excel needs. Keep focus on your real work.
Your tasks won’t have to take several steps. Reduce effort, time, and errors.
➙ Cut costs in several ways.
The FLEXREF sheet function (could also be called EZLOOKUP): provides an easy and flexible reference to a cell, allowing the column to be specified directly, and then the row to be specified based on a lookup in any other column. Further provides up to 3 lookups in combination, and serial return of multiple matches. Also, no match returns a null string (""), not an error.
- copy and paste, insert, and merge or unmerge, any configuration of selections
- add to and subtract from the selection as you wish
- find and highlight text
- list range names that contain the selection
- switch all selected references between relative and absolute
- quickly select dependents of the active cell
- quickly calculate a sheet or a range
- merge and split text
- protect and unprotect groups of sheets
- sort selected sheets
- much more
- easily create, capture, and analyze a range; and convert an address or formula
- capture the actual (corrected-index) cell of a range, for navigation
- create an address of sheets, like a range address, for simple sheets management
- set the environment to most-efficiently process the current event chain
- track selection boundaries and data for undo/redo; manage undo/redo
- manage very long messages to the user with paged navigation
- format part of a cell; duplicate compound-formatted cells
- much, much, more
copy & paste
- Office development safeguard steps
- quirks and workarounds of the development environment
- designing reliable and efficient flow
- most-effectively controlling event streams
- error message translations
- behaviors and requirements for undo/redo
- simplest ways to address cells
- Range limitations and how to handle them
- quirks and simplest handling of various copy and paste operations
- quirks and simplest handling of find and replace operations
- strategies for processing multiple sheets
- working with windows (and panes)
- sample code for unusual operations
- much more
Services (in New York City or remote)
From enterprise software to web sites, commanding a wide array of technologies.
Project Management Thorough, efficient project planning and execution.
Product Management Creative, organized product designing and versioning.
Training Expertise in Microsoft® Office usage and application development.